Security Metrics Management, Second Edition, details the application of quantitative, statistical, and/or mathematical analyses to measure security functional trends and workload, tracking what each function is doing in terms of level of effort (LOE), costs, and productivity. This fully updated guide is the go-to reference for managing an asset protection program, and related security functions through the use of metrics.
This detailed reference supports the security professional's position on budget matters, helping to justify the cost-effectiveness of security-related decisions to senior management and other key decision makers. Security Metrics Management is designed to provide easy-to-follow guidance, allowing security professionals to confidently measure the costs of their assets protection program - their security program - as well as its successes and failures. It includes a discussion of how to use the metrics to brief management, build budgets, and provide trend analyses to develop a more efficient and effective asset protection program.
Security Metrics Management sets itself apart from others by providing support for security professionals to measure both the effectiveness and efficiency of their security programs. In addition to guiding those wishing to employ measurement techniques for the first time, the second edition also helps evaluate and improve existing efforts.
- Examines the latest techniques in both generating and evaluating security metrics, with guidance for creating a new metrics program or improving an existing one
- Features an easy-to-read, comprehensive implementation plan for establishing an asset protection program
- Outlines detailed strategies for creating metrics that measure the effectiveness and efficiency of an asset protection program
- Describes correlation and use of metrics results and their applicability to privacy, liability matters, and, therefore, their potential for increased/decreased insurance premiums, lawsuits, etc.
- Offers increased emphasis through metrics to justify security professionals as integral assets to the corporation
- Provides a detailed example of a "state of the security of the corporation" briefing for security directors to provide to executive managementTo view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.1 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007668854 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|