Serotonin and Melatonin: Their Functional Role in Plants, Food, Phytomedicine, and Human Health highlights the significance of the plant sources of serotonin and melatonin in the fields of medicine, agriculture, and food science. Over the last few decades, an enormous amount of research data has been generated on these two neurotransmitters/plant signalers. This book covers topics regarding the occurrence of serotonin and melatonin in medicinal plants and food value plants with their implications for human health, the role of serotonin and melatonin in plant growth development, functions of melatonin and serotonin in the environmental adaptation of plants, and the implications of these molecules in human disorders and treatments. This volume should appeal to scientists and other professionals engaged in basic and applied research on the relevance of serotonin and melatonin to plants, animals, and humans.
- Reviews the global scientific literature and the experimental data of the authors on the occurrence of serotonin and melatonin in medicinal and food value plants and its implications for human health
- Explains in detail the role of serotonin and melatonin in plant growth development
- Helps in understanding the complex functions of melatonin and serotonin in the environmental adaptation in plants
- Discusses the importance of the development of transgenic plants with high amounts of serotonin and melatonin.
- Describes the current understanding of serotonin and melatonin in human disorders, and also their relevance in the treatment of specific health conditions.
- Written by acknowledged experts from across the world
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781315352350 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|