Want to know a secret? Regardless of what classroom challenges, standards or initiatives you're faced with from year to year, there are seven keys to great teaching that never change-and that are often overlooked! In this bestselling book, internationally-acclaimed authors Annette Breaux and Todd Whitaker reveal the seven simple secrets of effective teaching that can be applied in any classroom. Whether you're a new or experienced teacher, you'll gain valuable insights on improving instruction, classroom management, discipline, student motivation, and much, much more! This updated Second Edition contains timely topics such as incorporating technology to enhance your lessons and using social media appropriately.ã€€
- Easy-to-use format: The book is divided into seven secrets shared by highly effective teachers. Each secret is then divided into seven parts filled with practical information on why the secret matters and how to implement it effectively.ã€€
- Reflection questions: At the end of each section, there are seven questions to help you determine whether you have mastered each secret.
- Bonus lists: This special new section contains lists on the qualities of effective teaching and why these qualities matter. These lists can be copied and used during book studies, PLC meetings, or staff meetings to provoke thoughtful discussions and enhance teaching and learning.
- Study guide: A study guide is available to help you extend your learning independently or with colleagues. www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138783621
- Companion website: For more inspiring, informative books from Todd and Annette, check out our special site, www.routledge.com/cw/breaux, going live this summer.
Throughout the book, you'll find practical examples and heartfelt advice to encourage you as you implement the seven secrets. As you improve your teaching, you profoundly influence the lives of those who matter most-your students!
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781317746560 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|