Side Reactions in Peptide Synthesis, based on the author's academic and industrial experience, and backed by a thorough review of the current literature, provides analysis of, and proposes solutions to, the most frequently encountered side reactions during peptide and peptidomimetic synthesis.
This valuable handbook is ideal for research and process chemists working with peptide synthesis in diverse settings across academic, biotech, and pharmaceutical research and development.
While peptide chemistry is increasingly prevalent, common side reactions and their causes are often poorly understood or anticipated, causing unnecessary waste of materials and delay.
Each chapter discusses common side reactions through detailed chemical equations, proposed mechanisms (if any), theoretical background, and finally, a variety of possible solutions to avoid or alleviate the specified side reaction.
- Provides a systematic examination on how to troubleshoot and minimize the most frequent side reactions in peptide synthesis
- Gives chemists the background information and the practical tools they need to successfully troubleshoot and improve results
- Includes optimization-oriented analysis of side reactions in peptide synthesis for improved industrial process development in peptidyl API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) production
- Answers the growing, global need for improved, replicable processes to avoid impurities and maintain the integrity of the end product.
- Presents a thorough discussion of critical factors in peptide synthesis which are often neglected or underestimated by chemists
- Covers solid phase and solution phase methodologies, and provides abundant references for further exploration
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780128011812 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Heard and Mc Donald Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Korea (Republic of), Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands|