About This Book
- Build and test real-time apps in .Net using the new features of SignalR
- Explore the fundamentals and the new methods and functions in the latest version of SignalR along with developing a complete application from scratch
- A progressive, hands-on guide to gain an understanding of the SignalR framework
Who This Book Is For
If you are a .Net developer with good understanding of the .Net platform then this is an ideal book for you to learn how to build real-time apps using the SignalR framework.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the basic knowledge and understanding of SignalR
- Get to know how to connect a client to the server
- Connecting a client to a server and setting up a hub
- Creating group connections together
- Understanding how to have a state in the client to have specific operations
- Securing SignalR connections
- How to scale SignalR across multiple servers
- Building a client for WPF
- Building a client using Xamarin targeting Windows, iPhone, and Android
- Get to grips with monitoring the traffic in SignalR using Fiddler for Windows and Charles for OSX
- Setting up code to host SignalR using OWIN
Over the past few years, with services such as Facebook, Twitter, and push notifications on smartphones, users are now getting used to being up to date with everything that happens all the time. With SignalR, the applications stay connected and generate notifications when something happens either from the system or by other users, thus giving new opportunities to enter into this new, exciting world of real-time application development.
This is a step-by-step guide that follows a practical approach, helping you as a developer to get started with SignalR by learning its fundamentals. It will help you build real-time applications using the new methods and functions in the SignalR framework. Starting from getting persistent connections to the server, you will learn the basics of connecting a client to the server and how the messaging works.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841906 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|