Snoring is the most common sign of sleep apnea, a potentially fatal sleep disorder that affects approximately twelve million Americans, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Untreated sleep apnea is associated with heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and premature death. It is a common cause of driving accidents and job impairment, as well as academic underachievement in children and adolescents.
Snoring and Sleep Apnea is for people who have or suspect that they have sleep apnea. It is also written for their bed partners, families, and friends, and for health care professionals involved in sleep apnea management. This extensively revised and expanded fourth edition covers causes, diagnosis, treatment, and surgical techniques as well as the pros and cons of specific therapies.
Readers will learn:
- When snoring is a sign of sleep apnea
- Why snoring and sleep apnea are dangerous to your health
- Who should see a sleep specialist
- Where to find an accredited sleep disorder center
- The latest treatments and how to feel better fast
NEW and expanded topics in this edition include:
- A new chapter on women and sleep apnea
- Managing children and adolescents with sleep apnea
- Advances in CPAP and other key treatments
- The latest statistics on the impact of sleep apnea on obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease
Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Sleep Well, Feel Better will educate readers and help them receive appropriate diagnostic tests and the most effective treatment so they can live full and healthy lives.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Health|
|Date published: || 2008|
|ISBN: ||2370006811763 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|