About This Book
- Create secure WebSocket connections and real-time mobile applications using Socket.
- Devise efficient messaging systems between the server side and the client side
- A step-by-step implementation guide to help you create elements of Socket.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build rich and interactive real-time dashboards using Socket.
- Design chat and multiple-person interfaces
- Secure your data by implementing various authentication techniques, locking down the HTTP referrer, and using secure WebSockets
- Load balance across multiple server-side nodes
- Keep your WebSockets in sync using Redis, RabbitMQ or Memcached
- Stream binary data such as audio and video in real-time over a Socket.
- Create real-time experiences outside of the browser
IO Cookbook is a complete resource, covering topics from WebSocket security to scaling the server-side of a Socket.
IO application and everything in between.
This book will provide real-world examples of how secure bi-directional, full-duplex connections that can be created using Socket.
IO. It will also explain how the connection vulnerabilities can be resolved for large numbers of users and huge amounts of data/messages. With the help of the examples and real-world solutions, you will learn to create fast, scalable, and dynamic real-time apps.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785884436 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|