Building a foundation with a thorough description of crystalline structures, Solid State Chemistry: An Introduction, Fourth Edition presents a wide range of the synthetic and physical techniques used to prepare and characterize solids. Going beyond basic science, the book explains and analyzes modern techniques and areas of research.
The book covers:
- A range of synthetic and physical techniques used to prepare and characterize solids
- Bonding, superconductivity, and electrochemical, magnetic, optical, and conductive properties
- STEM, ionic conductivity, nanotubes and related structures such as graphene, metal organic frameworks, and FeAs superconductors
- Biological systems in synthesis, solid state modeling, and metamaterials
This largely nonmathematical introduction to solid state chemistry includes basic crystallography and structure determination, as well as practical examples of applications and modern developments to offer students the opportunity to apply their knowledge in real-life situations and serve them well throughout their degree course.
New in the Fourth Edition
- Coverage of multiferroics, graphene, and iron-based high temperature superconductors, the techniques available with synchrotron radiation, and metal organic frameworks (MOFs)
- More space devoted to electron microscopy and preparative methods
- New discussion of conducting polymers in the expanded section on carbon nanoscience
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||63.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781439847923 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|