Solution Techniques for Elementary Partial Differential Equations, Third Edition remains a top choice for a standard, undergraduate-level course on partial differential equations (PDEs). Making the text even more user-friendly, this third edition covers important and widely used methods for solving PDEs.
New to the Third Edition
- New sections on the series expansion of more general functions, other problems of general second-order linear equations, vibrating string with other types of boundary conditions, and equilibrium temperature in an infinite strip
- Reorganized sections that make it easier for students and professors to navigate the contents
- Rearranged exercises that are now at the end of each section/subsection instead of at the end of the chapter
- New and improved exercises and worked examples
- A brief Mathematica? program for nearly all of the worked examples, showing students how to verify results by computer
This bestselling, highly praised textbook uses a streamlined, direct approach to develop students' competence in solving PDEs. It offers concise, easily understood explanations and worked examples that allow students to see the techniques in action.To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chapman and Hall/CRC|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498704960 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|