This completely revised and updated edition, previously published as Special Educational Needs for NQTs and TAs, addresses the latest Teachers' Standards, and their application in meeting the most recent developments and changes in the special educational needs system and the new SEN Code of Practice.
Essential reading and an invaluable guide for all qualified, newly qualified and trainee teachers, this highly practical text relates to those accessing SEN training via teaching school alliances, as well as Higher Education.
Full of tips and strategies on how to meet the needs of a diversity of children and young people with special educational needs, in a range of educational settings, chapters cover:
- the latest Teachers' Standards aligned to the most recent SEND changes
- the revised SEN Code of Practice, the Children and Families Act, and the Equality Act and its related Duties
- teaching schools, specialist leaders of education in SEN, and new training models for building teacher capacity in SEN
- how to meet the latest OFSTED inspection requirements for SEND
- what works best in the effective teaching of pupils with SEN and those eligible for the pupil premium
Featuring useful checklists, templates and photocopiable, downloadable resources to support professional development in SEN, this practical resource contains a wealth of valuable advice, in addition to signposting to further information.
This no-nonsense, down-to-earth authoritative text will provide essential reading for all experienced qualified, newly qualified and trainee teachers, as well as to those delivering SEND training in Higher Education, local authorities, and in teaching schools and their alliances.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.3 MB|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781317565154 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|