Pronunciation, spelling, the concept of roots and patterns and idomatic phrases are just some of the areas that cause confusion for students of Arabic. Learning how to avoid the common errors that arise repeatedly in these areas is an essential step in successful language learning.
Speed Up Your Arabic is a unique and innovative resource that identifies and explains the most commonly made errors, enabling students to learn from their mistakes and enhance their understanding of the Arabic language.
Each of the nine chapters focuses on a grammatical category where English speakers typically make mistakes in Arabic. Each chapter is divided into sections that classify the concepts and errors into subcategories. Full explanations are provided throughout with clear, comprehensive examples and exercises to help the learner gain an in-depth understanding of Arabic grammar and usage.
- Carefully selected grammar topics and examples based on the most commonly made errors
- Comprehensive explanations of the most difficult grammar points help learners gain an in-depth understanding of Arabic grammar and usage.
- Exercises throughout reinforce learning and link theory to practice
- A complete answer key making it ideal for self-study
- A glossary of grammatical terms, an Arabic-English glossary and a bibliography to aid learning
- Useful drills and listening samples available for free download at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415660556/
Suitable both for classroom use or self-study, Speed Up Your Arabic is the ideal resource for all intermediate learners of Arabic wishing to refine their language skills.
|Size: ||6.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317551607 (EPUB)|