For those new to flash photography—or for anyone who has previously given up out of frustration—Speedliter's Handbook, Second Edition, is a revelation. Follow along as photographer Syl Arena takes you on a journey that begins with an exploration of light and color, moves through a comprehensive discussion of the Canon Speedlite family and all of the accessories and equipment available to the Speedliter, and finally, explores crafting great light in one photo shoot after another. Whether you want to make a classic portrait, photograph a group, capture an important event, or create dramatic color effects in your images, Speedliter's Handbook shows you how.
In this fully updated second edition, Syl includes all of the newest Canon gear—including the radio-enabled 600EX-RT Speedlite and ST-E3 Transmitter—to ensure that you are completely up to date on all of the components in the Speedlite system. He also includes a downloadable online supplement on the brand-new 430EX III-RT Speedlite. Plus, he covers his newest best practices and workflows so you can make the most of your Canon gear.
In this new edition, you'll learn how to:
- see the various properties of light itself, as well as the differences between how your camera sees versus how you see
- use all the buttons and dials of the entire Canon Speedlite family—from the flagship 600EX-RT and the new 430EX III-RT to vintage models like the 550EX
- understand the basics of on-camera flash . . . and the benefits of getting your Speedlite off the camera
- beautifully balance flash with the existing ambient light
- get amazing shots with just one Speedlite, all the way up to a dozen Speedlites
- use the right Speedlite mode for the job: E-TTL, Manual, Multi, and more
- use color gels to balance color, as well as create dramatic effects
- tame the sun—or any really bright light—with high-speed sync
- use Speedlites when photographing groups and events
- choose your camera's exposure settings to capture the shot that you truly want
- and much, much more
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||67.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Peachpit Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134008660 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|