A spinal cord injury (SCI) profoundly changes a person life and can affect nearly all of the body systems. Practitioners managing persons with SCI must treat the medical complications that arise, and be equipped to help their patients return to a productive integrated life within society. Spinal Cord Injury: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference provides the necessary knowledge to help facilitate this process. Addressing over one hundred varied topics related to spinal cord injury, ranging from Treatment of Vocal Fold Paralysis or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders to Intrathecal Pump Management and Paraplegia, this text is a handy reference for the busy practitioner. Presented in a consistent two-page format for maximum clinical utility, the book is organized into three sections. The first covers the medical and psychological conditions associated with spinal cord injury; the second discusses common interventions; while the last outlines expected functional outcomes.
Every entry is standardized for quick look-up in the office or clinic, and features description, etiology, risk factors, clinical features, natural history, diagnosis, red flags, treatment, prognosis, helpful hints, and suggested readings.
All Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Referencetitles offer:
- Consistent Approach and Organization: at-a-glance outline format allows readers to find the facts quickly
- Concise Coverage: of must-know information broken down into easy-to-locate topics
- Fast Answers to Clinical Questions: diagnostic and management criteria for problems commonly encountered in daily practice
- Hands-on Practical Guidance: for all types of interventions and therapies
- Multi-Specialty Perspective: ensures that issues of relevance to all rehabilitation team members are addressed
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2009|
|ISBN: ||9781935281672 (DRM-PDF)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|