STORY MONEY IMPACT: Funding Media for Social Change by Tracey Friesen is a practical guide for media-makers, funders, and activists who share the common goal of creating an impact with their work. Today, social-issues storytellers are sharpening their craft, while funders with finite resources focus on reach, and strategic innovators bring more robust evaluation tools. Friesen illuminates the spark at the core of these three pursuits. Structured around stories from the frontlines, Story Money Impact reveals best practices in the areas of documentary, digital content, and independent journalism.
Here you will find:
- 21 stories from people behind such powerful works as CITIZENFOUR, The Corporation, Virunga, Being Caribou, Age of Stupid, and Food Inc.
- Six key story ingredients for creating compelling content.
- Six possible money sources for financing your work.
- Six impact outcome goals to further your reach.
- Seven practical worksheets for your own projects.
- A companion website located at www.routledge.com/cw/friesen containing sample budgets, organization & film lists, expert biographies, up to date information for those seeking the tools and inspiration to use media for social change.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Focal Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317508243 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|