The new edition of Subediting and Production for Journalists is a concise, clear and contemporary introduction to the skills required for subediting newspapers, magazines and websites. Tim Holmes describes how subediting has developed, from the early days of print to the modern era of the internet browser and social media, and explores the many challenges for the sub working today.
Using numerous practical examples drawn from print and online, Subediting and Production for Journalists introduces the various techniques employed by the sub to help make the written word stand out on the page, including:
- subbing news and features for sense and style
- writing headlines and sells
- making copy legally safe
- understanding production, using software packages and content management systems
- editing and rewriting stories for online publication
- creating suitable page furniture for websites
- handling and sizing pictures digitally
- handling audio and video.
Subediting and Production for Journalists is the perfect guide for all those with an interest in subbing in today's multimedia environments, as well as anyone wanting to see their words come to life.
|Size: ||10.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781136500695 (EPUB)|