Submanifolds and Holonomy, Second Edition explores recent progress in the submanifold geometry of space forms, including new methods based on the holonomy of the normal connection. This second edition reflects many developments that have occurred since the publication of its popular predecessor.
New to the Second Edition
- New chapter on normal holonomy of complex submanifolds
- New chapter on the Berger-Simons holonomy theorem
- New chapter on the skew-torsion holonomy system
- New chapter on polar actions on symmetric spaces of compact type
- New chapter on polar actions on symmetric spaces of noncompact type
- New section on the existence of slices and principal orbits for isometric actions
- New subsection on maximal totally geodesic submanifolds
- New subsection on the index of symmetric spaces
The book uses the reduction of codimension, Moore's lemma for local splitting, and the normal holonomy theorem to address the geometry of submanifolds. It presents a unified treatment of new proofs and main results of homogeneous submanifolds, isoparametric submanifolds, and their generalizations to Riemannian manifolds, particularly Riemannian symmetric spaces.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chapman and Hall/CRC|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781482245165 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|