Being Mortal: by Atul Gawande | A 15-minute Key Takeaways & Analysis
Being Mortal, written by Atul Gawande, brings to light an array of concepts involving death, mortality, aging, and terminal illness. Gawande includes extensive research and chronicles the stories of his patients, other doctors?? patients, and his own family members. The resulting book informs readers about many circumstances and scenarios that can help people find the best route through their or their family members?? final days, months, or years…
- Nursing homes were not created to assist the elderly with their dependency on others or provide a better option than poorhouses. They were created to clear out hospital beds.
- Assisted living arose from the need for an alternative to nursing homes that could give patients more independence and control over their lives.
- At the end of their lives, most people want more than to merely survive, which is where medical institutions, nursing homes, and assisted living can fall flat.
- People need to ask themselves what would make life worth living when they are ill, old, frail, or dependent on others for daily care.
PLEASE NOTE: This is key takeaways and analysis of the book and NOT the original book.
Inside this Instaread of Being Mortal:
- Key Takeaways of the book
- Introduction to the important people in the book
- Analysis of the Key Takeaways
About the Author
With Instaread, you can get the key takeaways and analysis of a book in 15 minutes. We read every chapter, identify the key takeaways and analyze them for your convenience.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||170 KB|
|Publisher: ||Instaread, Inc|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781683781264 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|