Integrates and fosters effective leadership/management and supervisory skills
The development of competency in management and leadership skills as well as clinical supervisory skills is of increasing importance to professional counselors who seek advancement in their careers. This is the first text to integrate both the clinical supervision and agency management skills needed by counselors who are training to work in mental health services settings. Highly practical and comprehensive, it brings together the critical leadership responsibilities of clinical supervision and agency management into one reader-friendly text. The book distills the wisdom of specialists in each subject area and is replete with in-depth information that is often not sufficiently addressed in graduate programs.
The book provides a solid foundation for counselors planning to supervise clinicians working with individuals and groups, attain leadership positions within an agency, or open their own professional practice. It encompasses key information about supervisory roles and responsibilities, ethics, multicultural issues, evaluation, and due-process procedures along with administrative issues such as agency leadership, budgeting, information management, crisis management, and quality improvement practices. Also included is practical information on networking and marketing in the community. Featuring case vignettes throughout, this book describes typical challenges faced during the transition to a leadership role and how to develop effective supervisory skills. End-of-chapter questions for reflection and also help to make this an ideal text for courses in administration and supervision of mental health services as well as a valuable resource for internship students. Examples of commonly used documents such as contracts and evaluation forms further add to the bookís utility.
- Integrates management and leadership skills with clinical supervisory skills ñthe first text to unite these interrelated topics
- Trains mental health counselors in skills necessary for leadership in agencies or large private practices
- Supports CACREP standards for supervision and management of mental health services and programs
- Includes samples of relevant paperwork (contracts, evaluation forms etc.)
- Provides real-world examples through vignettes as well as reflective questions.To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780826127990 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|