As issues surrounding sustainability in the fashion industry continue to evolve, the conversation in this collection of essays from leading fashion academics and practitioners has been updated with current concepts and industry practices. Sustainable Fashion: What's Next? A Conversation about Issues, Practices and Possibilities, Second Edition examines the challenges that designers, product developers, and consumers confront as they create, wear, and recycle clothing and fashion. Organized into three sections and printed on FSC-certified paper, each section focuses on an in-depth exploration of sustainable opportunities that are identified as people, process and the environment.
New to this edition:
- New sidebars, Ideas in Action, focus on an expansion of real world applications and include interviews, case studies and profiles of professionals
-Best Practices at the end of each section feature new examples of contemporary industry practices including The Filippa K. Story, Sri Lanka: A Model of Sustainable Apparel Industry Initiatives, and Peg and Awl: To make things out of nothing
- End-of-chapter discussion questions raise important issues and implications for future development
- New Chapter 5 on social responsibility emphasizes the conditions of garment workers and human sustainability
- Instructor's Guide available
Sustainable Fashion STUDIO:
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501395383. STUDIO Instant Access can also be purchased or rented separately on BloomsburyFashionCentral.com.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Fairchild Books USA|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781628925333 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|