In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Swift in 24 Hours, Second Edition, will teach you how to build next-generation OS X and iOS apps with Apple's Swift 2 programming language. This book's straightforward, step-by-step approach helps you quickly master Swift 2's core concepts, structure, and syntax and use Swift to write safe, powerful, modern code. In just a few hours you'll be applying features such as extensions, closures, protocols, and generics. Every lesson builds on what you've already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Swift 2 programming tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to...
- Get started with Swift 2.0's Xcode 7 development environment
- Master Swift's fundamental data types
- Use operators to change, assign, combine, check, or verify values
- Retain data and preferences in memory with arrays, sets, and dictionaries
- Control program flow, modify execution paths, and iterate code
- Perform complex actions concisely with Swift 2.0's improved functions
- Work with higher-order functions and closures
- Harness the power of structs, enums, classes, and class inheritance
- Take advantage of Swift's advanced memory allocation and references
- Use protocols to define behavior and explore Protocol-Oriented Programming
- Add type functionality with extensions
- Smoothly handle errors
- Leverage the power of generics to create flexible and reusable code
- Interoperate with Objective-C code
- Get started with Functional Programming approaches and thinking functionally
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||28.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sams Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134387734 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|