About This Book
- Build web applications with the latest features of Symfony2
- Focus on common tasks such as creating CRUD, creating an API, and providing a login
- Install and configure Symfony2 and evaluate it for your everyday needs
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at experienced programmers, especially those familiar with a closely related technology such as Yii or Laravel, but who now want to learn Symfony quickly. This book will also prove beneficial for experienced PHP developers who want to explore and evaluate new frameworks and their possibilities in day-to-day tasks.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the Symfony framework, its latest features, and how to install it
- Discover the concept of bundles and their application
- Handle translations within Symfony, enable translations, and learn how to handle database translations
- Understand Symfony's security model, how to secure applications, and implement a custom authentication provider by using FOSUserBundle
- Explore the use of Twig, find the best practices of using it, and discover its common pitfalls
- Create internal commands that will handle sending e-mail reminders for your app
- Develop a plugin for the profiler to provide custom information about your application
- Deploy applications based on Symfony2 using various methods including simple FTP copying, rsync, CI deployment, and more
Symfony is a free and open source PHP MVC web application development framework, which helps you create and maintain web applications and replace recurring coding tasks. Its well-organized structure, clean code, and good programming practices make web development a breeze.
Symfony2 Essentials will guide you through the process of creating a sample web application with Symfony2. You will create a to-do application using a few of the most commonly used Symfony2 components, and discover how to perform these development tasks efficiently. This book introduces you to the Symfony framework with a quick installation guide and a brief explanation of its key features. By the end of this book, you will have learned how to combine a Symfony2 framework with other open source code to speed up the development process.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781784395933 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|