Synchronous Generators, the first of two volumes in the Electric Generators Handbook, offers a thorough introduction to electrical energy and electricity generation, including the basic principles of electric generators. The book devotes a chapter to the most representative prime mover models for transients used in active control of various generators. Then, individual chapters explore large- and medium-power synchronous generator topologies, steady state, modeling, transients, control, design, and testing. Numerous case studies, worked-out examples, sample results, and illustrations highlight the concepts.
Fully revised and updated to reflect the last decade's worth of progress in the field, this Second Edition adds new sections that:
- Discuss high-power wind generators with fewer or no permanent magnets (PMs)
- Cover PM-assisted DC-excited salient pole synchronous generators
- Present multiphase synchronous machine inductances via the winding function method
- Consider the control of autonomous synchronous generators
- Examine additional optimization design issues
- Illustrate the optimal design of a large wind generator by the Hooke-Jeeves method
- Detail the magnetic equivalent circuit population-based optimal design of synchronous generators
- Address online identification of synchronous generator parameters
- Explain the small-signal injection online technique
- Explore line switching (on or off) parameter identification for isolated grids
- Describe synthetic back-to-back load testing with inverter supply
The promise of renewable, sustainable energy rests on our ability to design innovative power systems that are able to harness energy from a variety of sources. Synchronous Generators, Second Edition supplies state-of-the-art tools necessary to design, validate, and deploy the right power generation technologies to fulfill tomorrow's complex energy needs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||34.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498723558 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|