Systems Programming: Designing and Developing Distributed Applications explains how the development of distributed applications depends on a foundational understanding of the relationship among operating systems, networking, distributed systems, and programming. Uniquely organized around four viewpoints (process, communication, resource, and architecture), the fundamental and essential characteristics of distributed systems are explored in ways which cut across the various traditional subject area boundaries. The structures, configurations and behaviours of distributed systems are all examined, allowing readers to explore concepts from different perspectives, and to understand systems in depth, both from the component level and holistically.
Designed as a comprehensive, self-contained introduction to designing and developing distributed applications, this book is ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive understanding of distributed systems. Readers will come away not only ready to design and develop distributed applications, but also to see the larger picture and appreciate alternate approaches.
- Explains key ideas from the ground up, in a self-contained style, with material carefully sequenced to make it easy to absorb and follow.
- Features a detailed case study that is designed to serve as a common point of reference and to provide continuity across the different technical chapters.
- Includes a 'putting it all together' chapter that looks at interesting distributed systems applications across their entire life-cycle from requirements analysis and design specifications to fully working applications with full source code.
- Ancillary materials include problems and solutions, programming exercises, simulation experiments, and a wide range of fully working sample applications with complete source code developed in C++, C# and Java.
- Special editions of the author's established 'workbenches' teaching and learning tools suite are included. These tools have been specifically designed to facilitate practical experimentation and simulation of complex and dynamic aspects of systems.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||24.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Morgan Kaufmann|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006498575 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|