Can one be too young to play outside? This unique and compelling book charts the experiences of a group of under-three-year-olds as they explore their natural outdoor environment, followed by caring and attentive adults. It deconstructs the myths that underestimate under threes and celebrates the importance of connecting children with the natural world and the influence of positive relationships in this early stage of life.
Taking the First Steps Outside draws on all aspects of working outdoors, focusing on different steps of the project, main achievements and obstacles, implemented strategies and benefits for the development of young children. Features include:
- Stunning photographs of children exploring the outdoor environment, who are interested, thoughtful, persistent and successful
- Detailed descriptions of real events, illustrating how the outdoor space can be an educational context for under threes
- Insight into the role of the adult, as they observe and reflect upon children's learning
- Advice on choosing the right resources and facilities to create a good outdoor learning environment for the young child
- Advice about risky play and promoting challenging and positive opportunities in the natural environment
- Guidance on how to set up an outdoor project for children under three
Written to support all students, teachers, practitioners and managers working with under threes, this essential guide will help you to develop your knowledge, build confidence and gain the ability to co-explore outdoors with children.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||48.1 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317418481 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|