This is a practical and accessible guide to one of the most popular divination systems. What makes this book different from the others is that it:
- Provides instruction on reading both the Major and Minor Arcana
- Explains why the cards are the cards, why each picture forms part of a sequence, and why they occupy a mystical place in our consciousness
- Gives a balanced and informative perspective on each of the cards, as well as an overview of the entire deck
- Provides a history of the tarot
- Connects the tarot to the Qabalah
Dee is a life-long tarot reader and historian. He traces the spiritual origins of the cards from Celtic mythology and Hebrew mysticism to Renaissance theatrical productions and the stars and planets of astrology. He also examines how past scholars thought about the tarot and how that thinking has changed to make the cards meaningful for today's readers. This wide-ranging primer provides readers with everything they need to know about the tarot and provides fresh insights into the cards.
An illustrated edition of this title was published by Sterling in 2003.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Hampton Roads Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781612833620 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|