Written by experts in special education and psychology, this user-friendly resource summarizes current research and presents a comprehensive overview of how to teach students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). The authors discuss intervention strategies for implementing effective educational programs that give youngsters with ASD the opportunity to learn and interact with their peers.
This practical book describes the characteristics of specific disorders, including autistic disorder, childhood disintegrative disorder, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified, Rett syndrome, and Asperger syndrome. Other topics include:
- Overview of effective interventions
- Creating quality educational programs and collaborating with parents
- Strategies for classroom management, communication development, and social skills
- Characteristics, learning styles, and intervention strategies
- Behavior and discipline issues
- Facilitating inclusion
- Specific instructional approaches
- Behavioral, skill-based, and physiologically based intervention models
- Assistive technology options
- Support services for transition from high school to adult life
Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders addresses the most significant, everyday challenges that general and special education teachers face in reaching students with ASD.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||850 KB|
|Publisher: ||Skyhorse Publishing|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781620874967 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will only be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Nicaragua, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|