Tendon Regeneration: Understanding Tissue Physiology and Development to Engineer Functional Substitutes is the first book to highlight the multi-disciplinary nature of this specialized field and the importance of collaboration between medical and engineering laboratories in the development of tissue-oriented products for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (TERM) strategies.
Beginning with a foundation in developmental biology, the book explores physiology, pathology, and surgical reconstruction, providing guidance on biological approaches that enhances tendon regeneration practices.
Contributions from scientists, clinicians, and engineers who are the leading figures in their respective fields present recent findings in tendon stem cells, cell therapies, and scaffold treatments, as well as examples of pre-clinical models for translational therapies and a view of the future of the field.
- Provides an overview of tendon biology, disease, and tissue engineering approaches
- Presents modern, alternative approaches to developing functional tissue solutions discussed
- Includes valuable information for those interested in tissue engineering, tissue regeneration, tissue physiology, and regenerative medicine
- Explores physiology, pathology, and surgical reconstruction, building a natural progression that enhances tendon regeneration practices
- Covers recent findings in tendon stem cells, cell therapies, and scaffold treatments, as well as examples of pre-clinical models for translational therapies and a view of the future of the field
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||27.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780128016008 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|