About This Book
- Explore the most popular TDD tools and frameworks and become more proficient in building applications
- Create applications with better code design, fewer bugs, and higher test coverage, enabling you to get them to market quickly
- Implement test-driven programming methods into your development workflows
Who This Book Is For
If you're an experienced Java developer and want to implement more effective methods of programming systems and applications, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the tools and frameworks required for effective test-driven development
- Perform the red-green-refactor process efficiently, the pillar around which all other TDD procedures are based
- Master effective unit testing in isolation from the rest of your code
- Design simple and easily maintainable code by implementing different techniques
- Use mocking frameworks and techniques to easily write and quickly execute tests
- Develop an application to implement behavior-driven development in conjunction with unit testing
- Enable and disable features using Feature Toggles
Test-Driven Java Development is an easy-to-follow, hands-on guide to building applications through effective coding practices. Starting with the basics of TDD and the reasons why its adoption is beneficial, this book will take you from the first steps of TDD with Java until you are confident enough to embrace the practice in your day-to-day routine. You'll be guided through setting up tools, frameworks, and the environment you need, and will dive right into hands-on exercises with the goal of mastering one practice, tool, or framework at a time. You'll learn about the red-green-refactor procedure, how to write unit tests, and how to use them as executable documentation. With this book you'll also discover how to design simple and easily maintainable code, work with mocks, utilize behavior-driven development, refactor old legacy code, and release a half-finished feature to production with feature toggles.
This book will leave you with a deep understanding of the test-driven development methodology and the confidence to apply it to application programming with Java.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783987436 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|