About This Book
- Design and implement robust system components by means of the de facto unit testing standard in Java
- Reduce defect rate and maintenance effort, plus simultaneously increase code quality and development pace
- Follow a step-by-step tutorial imparting the essential techniques based on real-world scenarios and code walkthroughs
Who This Book Is For
No matter what your specific background as a Java developer is, unit testing is the way to go. This book provides you with a comprehensive, but concise entrance, advancing your knowledge, step-wise, to a professional level.
What You Will Learn
- Organize your test infrastructure and resources reasonably
- Understand and write well-structured tests
- Decompose your requirements into small and independently testable units
- Increase your testing efficiency with on-the-fly generated stand-in components and deal with the particularities of exceptional flow
- Employ runners to adjust to specific test demands
- Use rules to increase testing safety and reduce Boilerplate
- Use third-party supplements to improve the expressiveness of your verification statements
This book explains JUnit concepts and best practices applied to the test first approach.
From the beginning, you'll be guided through a practically relevant example and pick up background knowledge and development techniques every step of the way. Starting with the basics of tests organization, you'll soon comprehend the necessity of well-structured tests. In conjunction with third-party tools, you'll be trained in writing your tests efficiently, adapt your test case environment to particular demands and increase the expressiveness of your verification statements. Finally, you'll experience continuous integration as the perfect complement to support short feedback cycles and quality related reports for your whole team.
The tutorial gives a profound entry point in the essentials of unit testing with JUnit and prepares you for test-related daily work challenges.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781782166610 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|