With over 200 techniques available for examining different muscles and joints, it is impractical to accurately remember them all. But now there is a shortcut: The 3-Minute Musculoskeletal & Peripheral Nerve Exam is a clear, concise, and accessible reference for conducting a thorough musculoskeletal and peripheral nerve examination in a clinical setting.
With a consistent presentation of each examination technique, this pocket-sized guide is both a tutorial for students and a reference for experienced practitioners. Each examination includes detailed photographs of models with labeled structures, and a standard format that covers:
Covering a comprehensive collection of the conditions for which a patient would seek medical care, The 3-Minute Musculoskeletal & Peripheral Nerve Exam features:
- What action the patient performs
- What action the examiner performs
- Findings that indicate a positive test
- What the positive test signifies
The 3-Minute Musculoskeletal & Peripheral Nerve Exam will aid in the evaluation of joint problems through physical exam maneuvers and will teach the detection of muscle weakness and the examination of peripheral nerves and reflexes. It is an essential means of quick reference for residents and clinicians in physiatry, neurology, pain medicine, orthopedics, internal medicine, and family practice.
- Small, discreet trim size, perfect for quick review prior to seeing a patient
- Extensive use of detailed photographs for each exam
- A section on the American Spinal Cord Injury Association examination and classification protocols
- An illustrative tutorial on gait and posture
- A comprehensive table of clinically relevant muscles and their action, location for EMG/Botox needle placement and nerve/root innervation
- A quick reference guide to all of these conditions and procedures
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||18.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2008|
|ISBN: ||9781935281245 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|