Customer rank: -1Alchemy ran for a brief two years and was much loved by its subscribers. Appearing every two months it was also a unique magazine in that it was what is called a "house" magazine put out by not one magic dealer but two, Practical Magic and PH Marketing. There were no columnists, just tricks. There were 92 tricks described in just 12 issues.
Being a past editor of the magazine Paul has picked out what he thought were the best card contributions, nineteen in all. If you missed the magazine, you will find these effects worthy of your attention. For the most part, these are easy effects to do. Paul has also picked some effects that use cards other than playing cards to add a little variety (plus they are good!).
- Here Lies The Truth (Peter Duffie)
- Datum (Arthur Setterington)
- Predomination (Arthur Setterington)
- Haunted Alphabet (Brian Glover)
- The Dark Triangle (Chris Wardle)
- Bell, Card and Candle (Jim Cuthbert)
- Uninhibited (Peter Duffie)
- Card and Wallet (Sean Carpenter)
- Tarot Turnover (Phil Ogden)
- Piece By Piece Transposition (Paul Hallas)
- Piece By Piece Addition (Tom Johnston)
- Relativity (Arun Bonerjee)
- The Two Card Trick (Paul Hallas)
- The Avaricious Spider (Paul Hallas)
- Flight of The Shadows (Phillip Horn)
- Medalystic (Arthur Setterington)
- ESP Crossfire (Peter Duffie)
- David Beckham (Paul Ingram)
- Dyslexia (William Goodwin)
1st edition 2002, 1st digital edition 2012, 34 pages.
word count: 15243 which is equivalent to 60 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Jozsef Kovacs
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!] Date Added: Thursday 13 December, 2012
Easy to do very effective and very clever card magic for close-up and cabaret magicians. Few of the tricks are 'semi-automatic' so you can concentrate on the performance. Paul and all the contributors have made a very good job. Highly recommended for everybody from beginners to professionals.