The Cerebral Cortex in Neurodegenerative and Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Experimental Approaches to Clinical Issues focuses on how pre-clinical investigations are addressing the clinical issues surrounding the involvement of the cerebral cortex in selected conditions of the nervous system, including Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's, addiction, and cardiovascular dysregulation.
Each chapter is written by an expert in his/her field who provides a comprehensive review of the clinical manifestations of cortical involvement and experimental techniques currently available to tackle cortical issues in disease. Thus, this present title provides a link between cortical clinical problems and investigational approaches to help foster future research with high translational value.
- Offers a comprehensive overview on the best available in vivo and in vitro models to study cortical involvement
- Presents models and specific techniques that help to guide investigators in their choices on how to address research questions experimentally
- Provides expert commentary and a perspective on future trends at the end of each chapter
- Addresses translational advances and promising therapeutic options
- Includes references to key articles for additional detailed study
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007659760 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|