Two People, One Appliance, No Freezer Full of Leftovers
Twosomes who share a kitchen—but not the desire to spend all day in it—face a quandary: buy cheap but unhealthy takeout or sink time into preparing whole foods meals that they're likely to end up eating for days and days. With this cookbook, a third option is now on the table—er, countertop: good-for-you slow cooker meals that save hours and are portioned precisely for duos.
Think slow cookers are only for soups and stews? Let Linda Larsen, master of the slow cooker, introduce you to the best of the best slow cooker recipes for all kinds of meals, from tender meats to seasoned vegetables to breakfasts, and more. In addition, you'll find:
• 10 must-know do's and don'ts of slow cooking
• A guide to the meats that are best for slow cooking
• Tips for converting a stove-top recipe to the slow cooker
• The reasons why heavy-duty aluminum foil is a slow cooker's best friend
• Recipes for 3- or 3?-quart slow cookers that include prep and cook times; nutritional information; and labels that highlight gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, vegetarian or vegan meals
Now go ride that tandem bike and let your slow cooker take care of dinner.
Bone Broth, Chicken Stew with Gnocchi, Cuban Pork and Black Beans, Mussels with Tomato Curry, Mexican Lasagna, Chocolate-Cherry Lava Cake, and more!
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sonoma Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781942411208 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|