A gentle, imaginative introduction to the skills all creative writers need.Breaking down the elements that go into successful imaginative works, The Creative Writer leads aspiring writers through the skills needed to construct each. The assignments, designed to make students more aware of language and more confident in their own ingenuity, build on each other until beginning creative writers have successfully created their own stories, poems, and essays.
• Simple but innovative exercises encourage young writers to strengthen their vocabulary and become aware of the patterns of sentences
• Legends and folklore are used to teach point of view, characterization, plotting, and other vital skills
• Classic poetry serves as a model for the student's own original poems
• Unlike most "how to write" books, The Creative Writer is designed to be used in a mentor/student relationship, with teaching, guidance, and evaluation tips provided for the mentor or teacher
• Can be used as a complement to Writing With Skill or on its own
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Peace Hill Press|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781942968276 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|