The Essential Karate Book is an illustrated, informative guide to the techniques, philosophy and practice of karate
With 20 chapters covering practically every aspect of karate, this in-depth reference will assist students and instructors as they plot their course through karate instruction, benefiting those at all levels. The Essential Karate Book contains 200 diagrams mapping out moves, 300 color photographs, and a DVD, making it a comprehensive general karate reference for Western audiences.
Readers of this karate guide will learn about:
The Essential Karate Book is a must-have for any martial arts enthusiast, from beginners to black belts!
- The origins and history of karate
- Required behavior, clothing and etiquette, as well as the fundamentals of karate and the different styles that share them
- Stances, blocks, strikes and kicks
- Preparing your body through warm ups, stretching, and conditioning through karate-specific exercises
- Kata grading and fighting (kumite) techniques and competition rules
- Martial arts weapons (kobudo), and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) applications
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Tuttle Publishing|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781462905591 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|