Take the mystery out of Common Core ELA!
Designed to be a set of national educational standards, the Common Core has been adopted by 45 states across the nation. But if you're accustomed to traditional English courses, you may be having a hard time understanding what your kids are bringing home from school--and why.
With easy-to-understand examples, comprehension tips, and practice exercises, this complete guide help you understand:
The Everything Parent's Guide to Common Core ELA: Grades K–5 will give you the confidence you need to help your children meet the new ELA expectations for their grade level and excel at school.
- The reasoning behind the Common Core English Language Arts standards
- What your child will be learning at each grade level
- The types of books and passages your child will be reading
- The new requirements on nonfiction texts and the rationale behind them
- The focus on finding evidence and formulating arguments
|Size: ||1.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Adams Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781440590573 (EPUB)|