Take the mystery out of middle-grade science!
The Common Core, a new set of national educational standards, has been adopted by 45 states across the nation. But if you learned about science the "old" way, you may be having a hard time understanding what your kids are bringing home from school--and why. With information on Next Generation Science Standards and practice exercises and experiments, you'll learn:
The Everything Parent's Guide to Common Core Science: Grades 6-8 will give you the confidence to help your kids meet the science expectations for their grade level, excel at school, and prepare for high school and beyond.
- The rationale behind Common Core standards
- The major scientific concepts your child will be learning at each grade level
- The new requirements for learning concepts and applying them in practical ways
- How the Next Generation Science Standards relate to the Common Core Math and English Language Arts standards
- How to help your child with homework and studying
|Size: ||1.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Adams Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781440592737 (EPUB)|