Dedicated to the memory of George Lefevre in recognition of his exhaustive cytogenetic analysis of the X chromosome, The Genome of Drosophila melanogaster is the complete compendium of what is known about the genes and chromosomes of this widely used model organism. The volume is an up-to-date revision of Lindsley and Grell's 1968 work, Genetic Variations of Drosophila melanogaster. The new edition contains complete descriptions of normal and mutant genes including phenotypic, cytological, molecular, and bibliographic information. In addition, it describes thousands of recorded chromosome rearrangements used in research on Drosophila. This handbook and its accompanying polytene chromosome maps, are sturdily bound into the book as foldouts and available as a separate set, are essential research tools for the Drosophila community.
* Describes phenotype, cytology, and molecular biology of all recorded genes of Drosophila melanogaster, plus references to the literature
Describes normal chromosome complement, special chromosome constructs, transposable elements, departures from diploidy, satellite sequences, and nonchromosomal inheritance
* Describes all recorded chromosome rearrangements of Drosophila melanogaster as of the end of 1989
Contains the cytogenetic map of all genes as of mid-1991
* Contains the original polytene maps of C.B. Bridges, plus G. Lefevre's photographic equivalents, and the detailed maps of the chromosome arms produced by C.B. and P.M. Bridges
* All maps are reprinted as high-quality foldouts sturdily bound into the volume
* Maps may also be purchased separately in an eight-map packet, for laboratory and student use
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||232.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9780323139847 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|