In their new book The Happy Family, NY Times #1 bestselling authors Linda and Richard Eyre argue that the social problems that are ravishing America--family breakups, escalating substance abuse, teen pregnancy--are the unfortunate result of hearts and minds turned away from the essentials of parenting, marriage and families. In this landmark work, the Eyres help parents to understand what is happening to their families and why parenting is so difficult today.
The eyres present powerful, practical parenting practices, including how to:
* Make a conscious recommitment to return your heart to the priority of marriage and family
* Teach understanding and discretionary use of the culture at large
* Reinvent time management with an emphasis on family
* Make communication your constant goal
* Create identity, security and motivation for children through family traditions and responsibilities
* Use "values therapy" in which the focus shifts away from wrong to the rewards and fulfillment of right.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||434 KB|
|Publisher: ||Golden Books Adult Publishing|
|Date published: || 2002|
|ISBN: ||9781429973649 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Philippines, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|