More than any other text on the market, The Heart of Counseling is effective in helping students to understand the importance of therapeutic relationships and to develop the qualities that make the therapeutic relationships they build with clients the foundation of healing. In these pages, students come to see how all skills arise from and are directly related to the counselor's development and to building therapeutic relationships. Student learning ranges from therapeutic listening and empathy to structuring sessions, from explaining counseling to clients and caregivers to providing wrap-around services, and ultimately to experiencing therapeutic relationships as the foundation of professional and personal growth.
The Heart of Counseling includes:
- extensive case studies and discussions applying skills in school and agency settings
- specific guidance on how to translate the abstract concepts of therapeutic relationships into concrete skill sets
- exploration of counseling theories and tasks within and extending from core counseling skills
- videos that bring each chapter to life
- test banks, instructor's manuals, syllabi, and guidance for learning-outcomes assessments for professors
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781134663347 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|