The Keto Cookbook is for those using the ketogenic diet to treat pediatric epilepsy and other neurologic conditions. Each of the 96 recipes for breakfast and brunch, appetizers and snacks, lunch, dinner, and sweets and treats, are compliant with the Keto Calculator and therefore ingredient portions are provided in grams.
The ketogenic diet, which is very high in fats and low in carbohydrates, was first developed almost 80 years ago. It makes the body burn fat for energy instead of glucose. When carefully monitored by a medical team familiar with its use, the diet helps two out of three children who are tried on it and may prevent seizures completely in one out of three. It is a strict diet, and takes a strong commitment from the whole family. The ketogenic diet is not a do-it-yourself diet. It is a serious form of treatment that, like other therapies for epilepsy, has some side effects that have to be watched for.
The book includes a 16-page color insert illustrating each recipe. Since many children start the Keto Diet before they speak, the pictures of the meal and snack options allow children to choose what they want, helping overcome food refusal due to lack of variety of foods and/or child's loss of control over food options. This book provides parents and children with options that have been tested and are kid- and Registered Dietitian- approved.
Features of The Keto Cookbook include:
- 96 kid and dietitian tested and approved recipes for the keto diet presented in full color
- Recipes are coded by symbol to indicate personality type and cooking times
- Allergy information for the eight most common allergens
- Practical suggestions to help people "keto-proof" their life, from the kitchen, to the car, to the classroom.
- Four sample shopping lists and vacation guidelines will help families prepare for the unexpected
- Sample forms for the Transportation Safety Agency, School/Daycare Center, and Emergency Room/Primary Physician
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||42.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Health|
|Date published: || 2011|
|ISBN: ||2370006790273 (DRM-PDF)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|