This fully updated third edition of The Making of Modern Korea provides a thorough, balanced and engaging history of Korea from 1876 to the present day. The text is unique in analysing domestic developments in the two Koreas in the wider context of regional and international affairs.
Key features of the book include:
• Comprehensive coverage of Korean history.
• Expanded coverage of social and cultural affairs.
• A new chapter covering the end of the Choson Dynasty in the context of Japanese imperialist expansionism.
• Up-to-date analysis of important contemporary developments in both Koreas, including assessments of the Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un administrations and the North's nuclear weapons program.
• Comparative focus on North and South Korea.
• An examination of Korea within its regional context.
• A detailed chronology and suggestions for further reading.
The Making of Modern Korea is a valuable one-volume resource for students of modern Korean history, international politics and Asia
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||653 KB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317422778 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|