The Neuropsychology of Cortical Dementias addresses in depth the neuropsychological impact and features of the full range of cortical dementias. It examines the differential neuropathological and pathophysiological bases of these dementias and emphasizes their behavioral and cognitive aspects in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. The book also presents the most advanced techniques and strategies for disease-specific treatment. Important legal/ethical issues and the role of caregivers in treating dementia patients are also covered.
Featuring contributions from such diverse disciplines as neuropsychology, neurology, psychiatry, and clinical psychology, this volume provides a broad interdisciplinary perspective for practicing clinical neuropsychologists, neurologists, psychiatrists, gerontologists, and psychologists who work with patients with dementia.
- Includes comprehensive, clinically focused coverage of all major cortical dementias
- Covers neuroanatomy, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of dementia patients, as well as legal and ethical issues
- Discusses assessment and diagnosis from the perspectives of neuroimaging and cognitive and behavioral symptoms
- Discusses a range of interventions (pharmacological, cognitive behavioral, etc.) and management issues related to dementia treatment
- Informed by contributions from such diverse disciplines as neuropsychology, neurology, psychiatry, and clinical psychology
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006336709 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|