Fascinating stories, fun facts, and activities that provide hours of edu-tainment make a winning formula for this biannual series created for kids ages 8 and up. This brand-new edition includes chapters with features on . . .
• Astronomy: Earth??s volcanoes and other planetary wonders
• Calendar: origin of the birthday cake, why we save daylight time, and more “special” days
• Health: fun facts about your brain; uncommon advice for the common cold; why we have burps, gas, and other unmentionables
• Weather: wildfire weather, facts about fog
• Food: the history of the hot dog, the making of maple syrup, the first frozen dinner, lunchbox recipes
• Accomplished Kids: kids who made amazing discoveries, kids who help to make the world a better place
• Nature: a bug guide, little-known facts about nuts, poison dart frogs
• In the Garden: secrets of composting, growing a bean teepee and other edibles, plus fun crafts
• Sports: a wooden car derby, plus adventurers Sam Patch (falls jumper), Jay Cochrane (wire walker), and Charles F. Lummis (cross-country hiker)
• Amusement: tips for setting a record, advice for whistlers, and more
• Plus too much more to mention!
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||191.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Old Farmer's Almanac|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781571987174 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will only be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Guam, Philippines, Puerto Rico, United States, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|