Passivhaus is the fastest growing energy performance standard in the world, with almost 50,000 buildings realised to date. Applicable to both domestic and non-domestic building types, the strength of Passivhaus lies in the simplicity of the concept. As European and global energy directives move ever closer towards Zero (fossil) Energy standards, Passivhaus provides a robust 'fabric first' approach from which to make the next step.
The Passivhaus Designers Manual is the most comprehensive technical guide available to those wishing to design and build Passivhaus and Zero Energy Buildings. As a technical reference for architects, engineers and construction professionals The Passivhaus Designers Manual provides:
- State of the art guidance for anyone designing or working on a Passivhaus project;
- In depth information on building services, including high performance ventilation systems and ultra-low energy heating and cooling systems;
- Holistic design guidance encompassing: daylight design, ecological materials, thermal comfort, indoor air quality and economics;
- Practical advice on procurement methods, project management and quality assurance;
- Renewable energy systems suitable for Passivhaus and Zero Energy Buildings;
- Practical case studies from the UK, USA, and Germany amongst others;
- Detailed worked examples to show you how it's done and what to look out for;
- Expert advice from 20 world renowned Passivhaus designers, architects, building physicists and engineers.
Lavishly illustrated with nearly 200 full colour illustrations, and presented by two highly experienced specialists, this is your one-stop shop for comprehensive practical information on Passivhaus and Zero Energy buildings.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317536901 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|