With 28 new chapters, the third edition of The Practice of System and Network Administration innovates yet again! Revised with thousands of updates and clarifications based on reader feedback, this new edition also incorporates DevOps strategies even for non-DevOps environments.
Whether you use Linux, Unix, or Windows, this new edition describes the essential practices previously handed down only from mentor to protégé. This wonderfully lucid, often funny cornucopia of information introduces beginners to advanced frameworks valuable for their entire career, yet is structured to help even experts through difficult projects.
Other books tell you what commands to type. This book teaches you the cross-platform strategies that are timeless!
- DevOps techniques: Apply DevOps principles to enterprise IT infrastructure, even in environments without developers
- Game-changing strategies: New ways to deliver results faster with less stress
- Fleet management: A comprehensive guide to managing your fleet of desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices
- Service management: How to design, launch, upgrade and migrate services
- Measurable improvement: Assess your operational effectiveness; a forty-page, pain-free assessment system you can start using today to raise the quality of all services
- Design guides: Best practices for networks, data centers, email, storage, monitoring, backups and more
- Management skills: Organization design, communication, negotiation, ethics, hiring and firing, and more
Have you ever had any of these problems?
- Have you been surprised to discover your backup tapes are blank?
- Ever spent a year launching a new service only to be told the users hate it?
- Do you have more incoming support requests than you can handle?
- Do you spend more time fixing problems than building the next awesome thing?
- Have you suffered from a botched migration of thousands of users to a new service?
- Does your company rely on a computer that, if it died, can
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||22.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780133415100 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|