The Primary Teacher's Career Handbook is invaluable to all those in Primary education. This essential and unique handbook sets out a complete and much needed career development path for Primary School teachers from the stage of seeking a first appointment, through to middle-management, Headship and beyond. Throughout the book, teachers will be shown how to plan their career development by making their present role successful, enabling them to make a smooth progression to achieve their career aspirations.
Offering realistic advice and including pragmatic solutions, which result from years of first-hand experience, the chapters explore key career stages such as:
- applying for your first teaching post;
- being successful in your induction year;
- managing a subject area;
- professional development and developing as a leader;
- preparing for Deputy Headship and achieving your first Headship role;
- building your CV and making an application;
- interviews; and
- working with colleagues, parents and governors.
Written to support the work of all those in the field of Primary education, this book is not just essential reading for trainee and newly qualified teachers, but it is an invaluable resource for teachers at every stage of their careers.
|Size: ||20.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317602316 (EPUB)|