Praise for the first edition:
"Marini and Stebnicki . . . have compiled an extremely useful and practical counseling resource covering a variety of topics...[U]ndergraduates, graduate students, and new counselors will find this a valuable tool...
This unique volume is a great addition for college and university libraries...
---Choice (Named an Outstanding Academic Title for 2009)
This award-winning, bestselling reference for professional counselors and graduate students is extensively updated and expanded to encompass critical developments that are immediately relevant to the counseling professions, including the 2014 American Counseling Association Code of Ethics, CACREP/CORE accreditation standards, DSM-5, the Affordable Care Act, and many other important changes. It reflects the ongoing consolidation of a strong identity for professional counselors and the need to address mental health and other counseling concerns amidst marked socio-cultural changes. The only resource of its kind, it is an extremely useful guide for counseling students working toward licensure and certification as well as experienced counselors, counselor educators, clinical supervisors, psychologists, and social workers.
The second edition offers a unique interdisciplinary approach inclusive across all counseling disciplines and features contributions from over 110 highly regarded experts in counselor education, research, and practice. It is based on the core content and knowledge areas outlined by CACREP and CORE accreditation standards and disseminates, in 93 chapters, both contemporary insight and practical strategies for working with the complexity of real-life issues related to assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of diverse clients. New chapters address military and veteran health issues; evidence-based practice for training; counseling transgender individuals, partners, and families; counseling caregivers;; social justice; and so much more. In addition to being a quick-access resource for all counseling professionals, the second edition serves as a concise, accessible reference for graduate students preparing for certification and licensure exams. It features an expanded, comprehensive self-exam of over 340 multiple-choice items based on the CORE/CACREP core content and knowledge areas for counselor education and training.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated and expanded discussion of the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics
- Affordable Care Act and its impact on delivery of mental health services
- Coverage of DSM-5
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach inclusive across all counseling disciplines
- Includes an expanded self-exam with over 340 study questions for NCE and CPCE prep
- New chapters on military and veteran mental health issues
- New chapter on evidence-based practices for counseling
- New chapter on behavioral health and health disparities in the U.S.
- New chapter on social justice and health equity issues
- New chapter on counseling caregivers
- New chapter on counseling children with psychiatric conditions
- New chapter on counseling for wellness
- New chapter on counseling survivors of natural disasters
- New information on complementary, alternative, and integrative approaches
- New information on counseling LGBTQ couples, partners and families
- Covers all key foundational content for CACREP/CORE-accredited programs within one volume
- Provides quick access to a vast compendium of counseling information
- Edited and authored by leading counseling scholars, educators, and practitioners
- Relevant across all counseling specialties
- Updated to reflect
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780826171825 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|