Customer rank: +1John Ramsay was known for his clever use of misdirection. Probably his most famous quote is
"I work alone, but I have an invisible assistant—Miss Direction."—John Ramsay
His use of misdirection was so good that he often badly fooled his fellow magicians. Ramsay was a sleight-of-hand master with coins and thimbles, but worked essentially with all objects including cards, ropes and cups and balls. Lots of clear line drawings by Ralph O. Evans.
1st edition 1969 Goodliffe Publications; 2nd printing 1975 by Magic, Inc., comb-bound, 63 pages; 1st digital edition 2013, 93 pages.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: MASTER OF MISDIRECTION
- Chapter Two: RAMSAY'S BASIC COIN TECHNIQUE
- - The Ramsay Finger Palm
- - The Ramsay Coin Vanish
- - The Utility Switch
- Chapter Three: THREE COINS IN THE HAT
- Chapter Four: COINS IN GLASS
- Chapter Five: SWITCH IS WHICH?
- Chapter Six: THE BLACK AND WHITE HANDKERCHIEFS
- Chapter Seven: THE NEW POCKET COIN TRICK
- Chapter Eight: SLOW MOTION COIN VANISH
- - Ramsay's Favourite
- - Repeat Coin Through Hand
- APPRECIATIONS OF JOHN RAMSAY'S SKILL
- Chapter Nine: JOHN RAMSAY
- Chapter Ten: THIMBLES
- Chapter Eleven: THE RAMSAY TEN THIMBLE PRODUCTION
- Chapter Twelve: ONE CUP AND BALL ROUTINE
- Chapter Thirteen: CUT AND RESTORED ROPE ROUTINE
- Chapter Fourteen: EIGHT CARDS TO POCKET
- Chapter Fifteen: COLOUR CHANGE
word count: 23696 which is equivalent to 94 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Scotty Magic
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!] Date Added: Thursday 28 March, 2013
Consider your $15 an investment if you buy this classic! Study, absorb and apply the content and consider your money well spent.
|Publisher: ||Magic Inc.|