The problem of gangs and gang subculture is a growing threat to the stability of neighborhoods and entire communities. During the past two decades, gang members have increasingly migrated from large urban centers to suburban areas and other countries. This book addresses the intricacies and diversities of street gangs, drawing on the expertise of high-ranking law enforcement officials monitoring terrorist activity and gang-related crimes as well as professional private investigators who have spent several decades investigating gangs and learning their subculture, lifestyle, motivations, and relationships.
Ideal for supplemental reading in gang violence courses on criminal justice, sociology, law, and psychology, this comprehensive anthology presents thorough coverage of a notoriously difficult subject. It explores the following key topics:
- Social, psychological, and criminal impact of street gangs on juveniles
- Psychology of gang membership and the pathways that lead into and out of gang culture
- Relationship between religion and dangerous criminal gangs
- How U.S.-based gangs are using technology to advance their operations
- Use of graffiti by street gangs
- Evolution of gangs and recommendations for preventing future growth
- Gang enhancement crimes and associated misconduct of police and prosecutors
Like any type of crime, street gang criminal activity cannot be totally eliminated. This book aims to provide a better understanding of gangs so that we can influence today's potential gang members to make the right decisions for their sake and the sake of society.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||23.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498766517 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|